My Mind Made Public -

I held off as long as I could ...

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Off the Grid

Hello!

I'm going off the grid for a few days (maybe a week). Next week my final edits for Love is an Orientation: Elevating the Conversation with the Gay Community, are due!


And when I say final edits I mean:

-This is it for real
-No more changes once I turn it in this one last time
-Final, final, final version of everything
-No more take-backs
-What I turn in is what you'll be reading when you buy it


And while I might be gone, I am going to be speaking at Park City Baptist Church in Dallas and then off to Los Angeles for the next of The Coalition's bridge building events in Southern California. Here is the promo flyer:




So if you're in Southern California come on out - it's open to the public. Here's a description:
“Building Bridges Between the GLBT Community and the Faith Community”
What happens when Bible-believing Christians get together with gays and lesbians … or gay Christians? Can something peaceful and productive happen for the Kingdom or does this relationship always have to centralize itself around the same old fights, arguments and debates? This large-group, day long training will intentionally bring these topics to the forefront as we discover what it means to learn, listen and understand our way through the culture war of GLBT-Christian relations. While being able to recognize a difference in theology, Elevating the Conversation will teach you the theory, practice and application on how to effectively build a bridge between the gay and lesbian and Christian communities in order to make a significant in Southern California from this day forward.

November 15th, 2008 9am - 2pm

Evergreen Baptist Church
1255 San Gabriel Blvd
Rosemead, CA 91770

CostPre-Registration $15 (Deadline - November 11th) On Site Registration $20 (includes all training and lunch)

Register online or by calling 800-734-8994
See you all soon.
Much love.

No comments: