My Mind Made Public -

I held off as long as I could ...

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yes, I’m Totally Obsessed with American Idol


When I started this blog I promised myself that during American Idol season I wouldn’t litter it twice a week, every week, with my obsession that is the cultural phenomenon that is American Idol. But I just couldn’t help myself after tonight’s show. I honestly have to say that overall, this show was the greatest display of talent from top to bottom, that I have ever seen in any episode of American Idol’s history.

Since the very first show eight years ago I have been passionately fanatical about everything that is American Idol:

My week is ruined if for some reason I am not able to watch any episode

Every week I vote

[Every week I vote multiple (hundreds of) times!]

Every year I go to the American Idol concert when the tour comes to Chicago

I buy all of the albums when they release

I heart Clay Aiken!!! (no, not just because he’s gay)

What can I say? Well, I think I said enough… Back to this week—I think I am so surprised about tonight because I didn’t see these unreal performances coming at all, especially since I wasn’t necessarily in awe from the Semifinals. I was only disappointed in a few people (Jorge, Anoop and Megan in that order), but overall it was an insane night of outstanding renditions of Michael Jackson’s songs. I’m not even a big fan of the King of Pop (he scares me a great deal), but I have to tell you that the other ten contestants killed it! After one week, here is my order:

1. Allison
2. Danny
3. Adam
4. Alexis
5. Scott
6. Kris
7. Michael
8. Lil
9. Matt
10. Jasmine
11. Megan
12. Anoop
13. Jorge

I’m splitting hairs with my ranking, I could actually take any of the top eight an rearrange them in any other 1-8 order. It’s going to be a great season, and I can’t wait to see what happens. There is no greater show ever created in the history of the world than American Idol!

Rock on! Marin … out.

So who did you love and who do you want to see kicked off Wednesday night?

Much love.
http://www.themarinfoundation.org/

No comments: